- About Us
About CMC Maritime Academy
CMC Maritime Academy is situated in the Heart of the City, Vepery, Chennai. Established in 2012 and approved by Directorate General of Shipping, Govt. of India, we offer the best post-sea courses for seafarers keeping pace with the rapid evolution of shipping industry, technological advances to produce seaman with specialized and upgraded skills.
Our objective is to impart our student's community with knowledge and skills along with marine culture by way of
- Communication skills
- Officer Like Quality skills - using modern teaching methodology
We aim for 100% successful trainees in all qualifying examinations. We ensure a pleasant and happy family environment in our college campus with our professional with harmonious approach in solving complaints/ grievances.
- To provide goal-oriented, quality-based and value added education through state-of-the-art technology at par with International Standards
- To prepare the students with high professional skills and ethical values
- To impart knowledge through best practices
- To undertake continuous assessment and remedial measures
S. I. Nathan, Chairman
A Marine Engineer by profession, he ventured into the field of Marine Education by establishing Marine Educational Institutions at Coimbatore. His extensive knowledge in shipping industry and industry acquaintance has promoted this venture and paved way for reputable success.
To set an immaculate and continued record in offering quality training to make the prospective Marine not only professionally sound and superior but also innovative, imaginative and inquisitive in their attitude and mindset to have clarity in thinking, service to society, courage in moral conduct and self-confident in self.
Ragging is criminal offense. Ragging in any form will be seriously viewed and if found, criminal proceeding will be taken on the concerned and will be terminated from the institute immediately.
No shifting charge will be levied towards shifting the course(s). Cancellation charges are also not levied by the Institute. However, these terms may be subject to change in future.
- For cancellation by candidates, of any course booked by them, the same should be intimated immediately to the Institute, so that course fees paid, may be refunded. The Institute may cancel the course at any juncture due to internal technical reasons or due to insufficient strength of the course. In such cases, the candidate will be informed of the same.
- As per D.G. Shipping rules, 100% attendance is mandatory for all Modular courses. Any candidate who has a shortfall in attendance needs to compensate the same by attending the relevant day missed, in the subsequent batch, subject to availability of a vacant seat. No extra fees will be levied for the same.
Any Refunds of Fees will be issued only by non-cash methods, such as crossed cheques or Online reverse-transfers etc.
Candidates are requested not to make last-minute cancellations, as other Mariners may be deprived of seats in that course.
Original Fees-Receipt MUST be submitted for any fees-refund. Refunds shall be processed as soon as practicable. Fees Refunds will not be processed without original receipt.
Please keep your Original Fees Receipts very safely, as Duplicate receipts are not issued to any candidates as per CMC Policy. Management Decision shall be final and binding.